No need to worry because we are here to help you find the best trailer brake controller After hours of research, we have put together a list of products that can be just what you need. We have also included a buying guide and answered some questions to clear any doubts you may have.
Best trailer brake controller: Top Picks in 2022?
- Digital display output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection
- Small compact design, mounts in any direction and no leveling is required
- Can operate up to an 8 braking system
- Advanced internal circuit protection
- Utilizes Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters
- Self-diagnostics features will illuminate LED readout when issues occur
- Requires T-connector to connect to vehicle (sold separately)
- Works proportionally in reverse
- Snap-in dash mounting clip and hardware included
- RELIABLE SAFETY. The Venturer electric trailer brake controller offers safe, dependable operation, increasing trailer brake pressure as you depress the vehicle brake pedal and bringing the vehicle and trailer to a smooth stop
- EASY TO USE. This trailer brake controller features an easy-to-read, ramp-up LED display to monitor brake operation. It also has a simple, reliable design with no internal moving parts and no leveling required
- POWERFUL. The simple controls of the Venturer brake controller enable powerful brake operation, featuring a manual brake slider button, an adjustable power toggle and adjustable ramp time
- VERSATILE. You can use this electric trailer brake controller on virtually any trailer with 1 to 3 axles (2 to 6 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems
- SIMPLE SETUP. This electric brake controller quickly plugs into your vehicle using a CURT vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately). It comes with an adjustable mounting bracket and can be mounted at any angle
- A distinct, easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options.
- Up-Front controls provide easy access to all P3 features.
- Easy to understand diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage.
- A flashing red warning system alerts user to No Trailer Brake situations.
- Select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode.
- TIME-DELAYED DIGITAL BRAKE CONTROLLER: Applies braking power that ramps up, or increases over a period of time, at a fixed rate. This makes the Tekonsha Brakeman IV brake controller ideal for basic, light-duty towing needs
- EASILY INSTALL: The Brakeman IV trailer brake controller has a Plug & Play port for easy installation. As a time-based controller with a compact design, the unit can be installed above or below the dash, in any direction, as it is within reach of the driver
- EASY-TO-READ INDICATOR: Digital display shows settings, real-time comprehensive diagnostics, and short circuit protection. Red light means power increase to trailer brakes. Green light means secure connection with trailer "
- MANUAL BRAKING AVAILABLE: If you ever need to manually apply the brakes, simply move the manual control lever to the left. The Brakeman IV will apply power to your trailer’s brakes up to the amount of power previously set
- VERSATILE: The Brakeman IV digital brake controller is compatible with a wide range of vehicles including Ford, GM, Chevy, Dodge, RAM, Toyota, Jeep, and more with 2, 4, 6, and 8 brakes (1-4 axles). Vehicle-specific Tekonsha Plug & Play brake controller wiring harness sold separately
- Rugged reliability meets everyday ease-of-use
- Perfect factory look with no more knee knocking
- Take full control when hauling
- Easy to install brake controller
- Direct replacement - The trailer brake controller allows brakes to be applied on to the trailer at the same time as the truck. Installation is straightforward and requires no automotive knowledge.
- Trustworthy Quality - Manufactured from premium material for a long operating life and excellent performance. Complete quality control throughout the manufacturing process and 100% tested has been conducted to ensure trouble-free performance and durability.
- Ensure Fit - Compatible with 2008-2014 Cadillac Escalade & Escalade ESV, 2007-2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 2008-2013 Chevy Avalanche & Silverado 1500, 2007-2014 Chevy Silverado 2500HD & 3500HD, 2008-2014 Chevy Suburban 1500, 2007-2013 Chevy Suburban 2500, 2008-2014 Chevy Tahoe, 2008-2013 GMC Sierra 1500, 2007-2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD & 3500HD, 2008-2014 GMC Yukon & Yukon XL 1500, 2007-2013 GMC Yukon XL 2500.
- Replaces Par t# - 15823719 15926102 601226, The trailer brake controller module can easily be located at the dashboard at the left side of the steering wheel. This unique solution reduces repair cost by eliminating need to replace entire module.
- 12-Month Warranty - This trailer brake controller comes with 12 months warranty, if the part ever fails on your Escalade, Silverado, Suburban Sierra or other vehicles, simply contact us for free replacement or refund.
- Solid state electronics
- Power-on LED for a positive tow vehicle-to-trailer connection
- “Up- front” manual over-ride control
- Rugged, easy mount chassis, mounting hardware included
- Plug and Play feature allows quick and easy connection
- The award winning REDARC Tow-Pr is the first of its kind to offer two types of braking in the one unit. The Tow-Pro Elite electric brake controller uses both proportional and user-controlled mode, and features Active Calibration.
- With proportional mode inertia sensing for highway commutes, you can ensure your electric trailer brake controller will initiate safe, controlled braking when the time arises.
- The REDARC Tow-Pro Electric Brake Controllers are designed to suit most common trailer braking applications. Our sleek innovative designs also require minimal dash space and are simple to install and operate.
- Additionally, the REDARC Tow-Pro Classic Electric Brake Controller offers a single user-controlled mode of trailer braking. Simply adjust the required force your towed vehicle requires with the turn of a control knob when ever needed.
- Advanced brake technology that mirrors the braking of the tow vehicle for safe, smooth stops
- Works on trailers with electric or hydraulic brakes
- Digital power and 7 sensitivity settings with intuitive vertical manual slide
- Short proof protection for up to 8 trailer brakes
- Simple installation with separate components that mount wherever you want them and no tools or drilling required
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best trailer brake controller
Now, when you do research prior to buying the best trailer brake controller, there are certain things you need to consider. Because these considerations come into play by ensuring that you do not end up with the wrong choice.
Finding the perfect trailer brake controller is not rocket science and doesn’t require extensive research. Some important features which you should look out for are described below.
While there are numerous brands on the market, the truth is not all of them can give you the features you may need.
We’ve done the legwork of locating the most reputable brands around for you. By choosing from these, you’ll be much less likely than going to a store and grabbing something without considering the brand and everything behind it.
Durability is one of the primary features which are important for most products. They don’t often have long lifespans and require replacement every now then.
Before you buy any product from the store, make sure you know about the material well. Sometimes, many people buy the wrong product even after spending a lot of bucks. Why do they do that? Probably because they don’t know which material ensures ultimate durability.
You should always focus on the quality of a product before getting it. Make sure it’s sturdy and built to last. No matter whether it’s made of wood, metal, plastic, aluminum or steel.
Features of trailer brake controller
Before deciding on a specific product, be certain that it has all the necessary features you require.
If you’re unsure concerning something, don’t hesitate to ask the manufacturer. That way, you can make the right purchase that provides precise results.
Quality of the trailer brake controller
The quality of the product is an important factor. If you happen to get one with low-quality material, you will have a tough time trying to maneuver them.
Whatever you choose to buy, the quality should be first-rate. You don’t want to waste money on something that looks or feels cheap when what you desire is elegance, coziness, and style.
Cost shouldn’t be an issue if you’re willing to invest in a high-quality product. An inexpensive product often has great features, so you get great value for your money.
However, expensive products don’t necessarily mean to be of exceptional quality. We prefer to say you select something that fulfills your needs.
Ease of Use
People feel more comfortable using products that come with a straightforward process of use.
So, you should always look for the ones that come with an easy to use process. You can find different designs, so you should choose the one that comes with more convenient features.
It is always recommended to have a product with a warranty, however, it’s not compulsory. However, if the brand provides warranties for a certain timeframe, then certainly, it’s a favorable deal.
The product size is one of the most important aspects to consider before purchasing a trailer brake controller. You need to know what kind of product you want to buy to best fit your needs.
It is essential to buy a product that addresses your needs based on your product dimensions. Spending money on something you will likely need is a waste of money. You should choose a product that will meet your needs based on its power.
Many products with countless designs are available in the market. Some designs are redundant, and others aren’t as efficient. Make sure you know what you do and whether the tools you choose will help you do your job better.
No matter how passionate you are about your occupation or work, your safety must always be a top priority. Since you’ll be using trailer brake controller make sure it has all the features that ensure the safety of the users. You do not want to experience any kind of accident.
Don’t just pick any brand, no matter how excellent, inexpensive, or available it is. Ensure that safety measures have been considered.
Materials of the trailer brake controller
We advise not to buy products from brands that don’t specify the materials they use unless we’re sure the product is made with good quality materials. It’s important to be confident about a purchase before you make one, so when the materials used aren’t clearly specified, it makes us doubt the product’s quality.
It’s imperative to consider what material will work best for your requirements before you make an investment since you could find yourself wasting your money.
As you know by now, there are various types of trailer brake controller available in the market. You have to understand the pros and cons of individual types of products before picking the perfect one for your needs.
It is best to compare the advantages with each other before determining the perfect type.
Before you can utilize a product, often there are some fundamental guidelines that must be followed to get the most out of it. While some people may be able to just figure it out on their own, others may need an instruction manual.
Instruction manual is designed to provide you with information about how to use the product. The manual also goes over the safety precautions and explains how to recognize potential hazards. So, you should buy the product that comes with an instruction manual.
When you are planning to buy a trailer brake controller, you will definitely think of its performance because nobody wants to waste his money buying a wrong product. So, check ins and outs of the trailer brake controller from user’s review, forums and expert people before you pick a specific model.
It can be frustrating when you buy something and then it turns out three days later that it is not what you need. With a little thought and effort, it is possible to avoid this by purchasing a versatile product that has multiple uses. You can use one product for many purposes. This can save time on products that may not get used up quickly.
You can also use the product in different ways, depending on the need at the time. In this way, you can also save money as you’ll just need to purchase the perfect one.
When you are planning to buy a trailer brake controller, you will definitely think of the accessories availability in the market. Because anytime soon, it may cause damages due to unwanted accidents at any stage of its usages.
Some products also come in bundles, where they have a combo package of the necessary items that you may need with it.
Yup, color does matter! When you are planning to buy a trailer brake controller from dozens of models, you will definitely wish to get your desired color. As, color is the symbol of choice, aristocracy and represents your personal taste.
We have reviewed some of the best trailer brake controller considering this option of course.
A trailer brake controller is highly compact in order to have a high usage capacity. Compactness also ensures good portability and easy handling of a unit. Because if trailer brake controller doesn’t comes handy, you may face it tough to manage while using it.
After reading our buying guide, you will get the answers for the following questions:
- How much does the best trailer brake controller costs?
- What are the benefits of a trailer brake controller?
- Where to buy the best trailer brake controller?
- What is the best brands of trailer brake controller?
- How long does a trailer brake controller last?
- Does trailer brake controller comes with a manufacturer warranty?
- Are trailer brake controller worth it?
Selecting the best item from a group of choices is a difficult job. We hope that our effort in finding the best trailer brake controller has contributed something to you.
To help you make the right choice, we have included reviews of our top choices, a thoroughly researched buying guide, and a simple comparison.