Configure Printer in Windows
How to configure your printer, connected to Tomato USB router, in Windows.
- Click Start, select Settings, click Printers (or click Start, click Devices and Printers in Windows Vista and Win 7).
- Click Add printer.
- Wizard Window should appear - press Next.
- Select Local printer and remove check mark at "Automatically detect …", press Next.
- Select "Create a new port option" and "Standard TCP/IP port" in the drop down list, press Next.
- New wizard window will appear, press Next.
- Type your router IP address in the IP address box, press Next.
- Select Custom option on the next screen, and press Settings.
- New "Configure standard …" window will appear, and you will need to check the RAW option, if not already checked and change port number - specify 9101 for LPT printer or 9100 for USB one. Once completed press OK. Once this window is closed press Next in the Wizard window.
- Add Standard TCP/IP Printer port finished, press Finish.
- Once you've completed port configuration Add Printer should appear and you will need to continue with regular printer setup procedure.
page revision: 3, last edited: 15 Oct 2010 22:43