I have dnsmasq enabled to serve DNS request. Following options are configured:
Enabled options in DHCP/DNS page:
- Use internal DNS
- Prevent DNS-rebind attacks
- Intercept DNS port (UDP 53)
- Use received DNS with user-entered DNS
- Use user-entered gateway if WAN is disabled
- Ignore DHCP requests from unknown devices
Additional options to dnsmasq:
This is working ok when resolving dns names for localdomain.org and 10.0.0.0/8 from DNS 10.10.0.250 located on another LAN.
But any DNS update to 10.10.0.250 from any local workstation or device does not work. No DNS update request gets fru dnsmasq to the server 10.10.0.250, even if I specify this DNS server as only DNS server on workstation. If I disable dnsmasq, then DNS record of workstation gets updated on server 10.10.0.250.
Why dnsmasq drops DNS updates from local workstations to server 10.10.0.250 as it is specified with server=/localdomain.org/10.10.0.250 ?