I'm running tomato-RT-N66U_RT-AC6x—116-AIO-64K.trx on an ASUS RT-N66U
So, here's what happens:
- I create an SSH tunnel to the router, with a local port forward to the target machine port 3389
- I then remote desktop into the machine and launch the cgminer application
- At first everything appears normal, but once cgminer connects to its server, the remote desktop session freezes and eventually disconnects.
- As long as cgminer is running and connected to its server, I'm mostly unable to remote into the machine. Occasionally when trying to remote in, the login screen comes up very slowly, then closes automatically after timing out
- To reconnect to the windows machine I had to block the server cgminer was connecting to.
This issue happens no matter which machine I remote into. Once I'm remoted in and launch cgminer, the remote session freezes and disconnects. However, if I remote into a machine, then remote from that machine to another, I'm able to launch cgminer on the second machine and keep the remote session open.
cgminer is connecting via TCP to a server on port 3339, but surely that wouldn't cause this issue?
I apologize if this is not enough info to troubleshoot, or if the bug is too vague. Please let me know what other information I can provide to help!
Edit: one more piece of info: when I was running DDWRT on a linksys WRT-54G I never had this problem, so I doubt the issue would be anything on my end (other than erroneous router settings on my new router)
Edit 2: Both machines are connected via the 2.4GHz wireless connection. I will test it with a wired connection to see if I can duplicate the issue and report my results here.