Hi, I'm quite new to networking in general and I need some help getting remote admin to work. I've activated the remote access (HTTP) option via the Admin Access page but could not get into the router gui outside my network.
Here are some information that I can provide, hope this is enough for the experts to point me in the right direction.
1. Shibby build: 1.28.0000 MIPSR1-112 K26 USB AIO
2. Using ISP supplied cable modem CISCO DPC2100R3 plugged in directly to WAN port of the router
3. ISP was using a transparent proxy but I was able to have it bypassed on my account. whatismyip.com now shows no proxy detected and gives me the (i believe) a static IP provided by my ISP.
4. My modem as far as I can tell cannot be set to bridge mode and I would much rather not touch anything on the modem.
5. My router is getting a private IP from the modem.
Result of the trace route from my static public IP:
Tracing route to 114.108.235.xxx over a maximum of 30 hops
1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms [192.168.1.1] - Router gateway
2 1037 ms 1323 ms 1190 ms 10.12.96.1 - Gateway my router is getting from my Modem
3 2054 ms 1961 ms 1939 ms 126.96.36.199
4 1846 ms 2051 ms 2607 ms 188.8.131.52
5 1213 ms 1359 ms 1548 ms 114.108.235.xxx *** My static public IP
I also already have a ddns registered and setup in the router and it is updating with the correct public IP address.
Any help would be much appreciated!