HELP ME: Properly Configure Multiple Tomato Routers on a Network
Forum » Discussions / General » HELP ME: Properly Configure Multiple Tomato Routers on a Network
Started by: Adam (guest)
Date: 30 Apr 2013 19:29
Number of posts: 11
rss icon RSS: New posts
Summary:
I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY MULTI-ROUTER NETWORK. I have a very large building with 4 wings. In the center of the building, I have one Ethernet Windows 2003 Server, a few Windows XP Ethernet computers and one MAIN TomatoUSB router. In each wing I have 10 Ethernet Windows XP desktops and a TomatoUSB router. ALL of those devices are connected through Ethernet switches. CONFIG: MAIN office router: DHCP, "access point" WING routers: br0 WAN to LAN, "access point" All routers have the same SSID (MUST STAY SAME) There are some wireless devices, such as Windows 8 laptops that connect wirelessly. The problem is that random Ethernet computers are having random problems connecting to server drives and require reboot to reconnect. Another problem is that the Windows 8 laptops have sudden drops in internet connection ever couple hours. I feel I have wrongly configured my network of TomatoUSB routers. Based on the above info, WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST CONFIGURATION FOR MY ROUTERS?
New Post
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License