- Share the new portal page via network ex: \\192.168.1.2\a\portal
- Mount the sharing to CIFS1 (via tomato GUI > admin > CIFS Client)
- Enable JFFS (via tomato GUI > admin > JFFS)
- Telnet to router with Putty Software ex: router ip address 192.168.1.1
- Copy all files using Linux command from CIFS to JFFS
- I prefer to put all my new welcome page + image + css into /www/ext/splashd directory…. it is in memory. To use this method, you must enable JFFS, save all html + image + css to JFFS, create some script in tomato GUI > admin > script to copy all captive portal files in JFFS into /www/ext/splashd. When the router reboot, our new captive portal will always copy to memory.
*The idea is actually utilizing web server, add some ASP script…authenticate users using ASP & database server. but unfortunately our ASP script not working inside /www/ext. FYI, /www is read only. /www/ext writable and available to us.
*The best solution, install optware, install second webserver, install mysql server and develop full featured captive portal.
TQ. Sorry for bad english ;P