I have the awful problem with IPTV from my Internet Provider.
I'll try to explain as much detail as I can with my bad english.
I have ASUS RT-N16 with Shibby 107 AIO installed on it (I also tried to using another Shibby AIO builds from version 100 to 107)
I'm trying to run IPTV on my Rasberry PI at this moment but I also tried to run IPTV on the 2 notebooks.
The problem is that my provider have 3 types of Internet connection:
1. NAT with no VPN (so called "IPOE". I need just to plug my cord and then do nothing. Internet works fine both for the provider's LAN and for the WAN)
2. vpn connection using L2TP
3. vpn connection using PPTP
IPTV with IPOE works really fine both on RJ-45 and WiFi. I checked this 3 options: "Enable IGMPproxy", "Efficient multicast forwarding" and "Wireless Multicast Forwarding". I also disabled "Udpxy".
And I was able to view IPTV on my Raspberry using standart playlist for my channels with addresses like this: udp://@184.108.40.206:10000
But I can't view my FTP externally, connect vpn to my office and etc. because of NAT
So I started to use second way: vpn connection using L2TP. Although I was able to connect vpn to my office, I could not view the IPTV both with RJ-45 and with WiFi. Another bad thing is that vpn to the office cannot using HTTP and FTP (I don't know why).
Next, I tried to use PPTP. Now I'm using this connection. VPN to my office works fine, HTTP and FTP are not blocked, but IPTV is still not working.
I tried to do this things:
1. Plug the internet cable to my notebook directly -> Open PPTP connection to my provider -> IPTV not working
2. Plug the internet cable to my notebook directly -> Open PPTP connection to my provider -> Add specific routes -> IPTV works fine!!!
3. Plug the internet cable to my Router -> Open PPTP connection on the router -> IPTV not working
4. Plug the internet cable to my Router -> Open PPTP connection on the router -> Add specific routes -> IPTV still not working
5. Plug the internet cable to my Router -> Open PPTP connection on the router -> Add specific routes -> Add specific IP to iptables -> IPTV not working
routes: 220.127.116.11 -netmask 240.0.0.0 "my PPTP ip"
add to iptables: add specific IP and port of one channel (for example, 18.104.22.168 —dport 10000). I gave the rule ACCESS for both INBOUND and OUTBOUND connections.
I'm really not good at linux and networks. Please, help me
p.s. I'm sorry for my English