I have a triple play broadbandswitch Inteno that gives out different services (Internet, IPTV, Telephone) on different ports (untagged).
I have a ASUS RT-N66U that I would like to use in the following manner in order to be able to distribute my Internet and IPTV over WLAN:
1) Internet ->WAN port -> Router -> Port 1,2 + WLAN 2.4 GHz
2) IPTV -> Port 3 -> Switched network to Port 4 and WLAN 5 GHz -> ASUS EA-N66 -> Motorola VIP1003
The Motorola box is – according to different googling I have done – almost impossible to set up behind a router due to specific DHCP issues towards ISP etc, therefore the wanted switched network.
I am using Tomato/Shibby Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-102 K26 USB AIO-64K
1) above of course works.
2) I have succeeded setting up a VLAN with port 3 and 4 as members (using GUI.) It works as intended and my Motorola TV-box gets an IP address over an ordinary cat5.
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep vlan3
vlan3ports=3 4 8
Now I would like to add the wireless to this layer2-switch group. Wireless (5 GHz / eth2) is configured in Wireless Mode Access Point. I start with adding a bridge and thereafter add the interfaces I want to.:
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# brctl addbr br1
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# brctl addif br1 eth2
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# brctl addif br1 vlan3
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# ifconfig br1 up
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
br0 8000.50465d00a7e0 no vlan1
br1 8000.50465d00a7e0 no eth2
This does not seem to succeed:
1) No wireless available on 5GHz
I have also tried the alternative using the GUI:
- Configure br1 with IP adress 0.0.0.0, netmask 255.255.255.0 , no DHCP
- Add br1 to VLAN3
- Bridge br1 to eth2.
I do not get any 5GHz network available in this case ethier.
Could someone please give me a hint how I should accomplish this?