I had tomato installed on this router and it was working just fine. I then tried to install pixlserv so I could have the router block ads, and it did not work so I cleared all the settings and then proceeded to set my wireless WPA2 security and password and all that stuff once the NVRAM cleared. Ever since then it never worked and gives me an IP of 169.x.x.x. I have tried the 30/30/30 reset to no avail. Any suggestions? I dont think I bricked it because after I cleared the NVRAM tomato was working fine. It was after I updated my wireless settings that it went kaboom.
Date: 26 Sep 2012 20:43
Number of posts: 5
RSS: New posts
I no expert but maybe you should just reinstall the latest firmware on the router so that you can start fresh again. My thinking is that you added Pixlserv and it didn't work for you so why have it in there. Just install firmware fresh and recreate all your settings and save that configuration so you have a backup so when something like this happens you can just reinstall your firmware then restore from backup. Done in a few seconds.
I can't even access the routers page at 192.168.1.1. It shows up dead.