I'm currently on sky broadband with the new sagem 2504n adsl modem/router. Yesterday I received my Asus RT-N16 router and set about successfully replacing the router functions of the sagem with tomato firmware. I had it working at first, just without VPN support!
Unfortunately I was working with a deadend copy of tomato that does not support OpenVPN so I reflashed the asus with Toastman's tomatoUSB and now I'm completely stuck. Below is an exhaustive list of the events:
- reflashed with toastman and allowed to reboot, all lights flashing as normal
- set my windows 7 desktop to static IP 192.168.1.2, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1
- plugged in to LAN1 on router and navigate to 192.168.1.1 in google chrome tomato icon appears in tab but connection times out
- try the same in ubuntu server with ip 192.168.1.3 same result, connection timeout but tomato icon appears in tab
- ARP-SCAN from ubuntu finds windows desktop (192.168.1.2) via the router but no other active IPs i.e. no gateway
- reset static IP to 192.168.0.2, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.0.1 connection refused
- reflashed asus firmware, allowed to reboot succesfully accessed router via 192.168.1.1 using default user/pass
- reflashed deadend tomato same symptoms now as toastman, connection times out, can't access gateway and not found with ARP-SCAN
- reflashed toastman no change, still unable to access tomato user interface
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received!