this question should very simple but I spend like 2 hour and cannot figure it out what I did incorrect. I'm so desperate and confuse. I hope you guys won't mind.
first of all, my network diagram is follow;
- - - adsl wireless modem router (stock firmware)
- - - adsl modem router LAN1 - - - PC#1
- - - adsl modem router LAN2 —- TomatoUSB (Asus RT-N66U) Internet Socket - - - Laptop
I installed the firmware successfully thanks to ShadowAndy's guide (cannot publish link yet)
the problem is;
1. Laptop cannot access internet through Access Point to ADSL Modem.
2. Laptop cannot ping to ADSL Modem ip address (check the ADSL Modem ip address by ipconfig at PC#1
3. Laptop gateway value is Access Point ip. Is this normal?
4. PC#1 can't ping to Laptop nor Access Point and vice versa. I make sure that both Modem Router and Access Point use the same ip range (192.168.xxx) and not conflict each other. Maybe I misunderstand something.
Next, I set TomatoUSB as follow;
Basic Network page
- Bridge br0 stp enabled dhcp enabled
- static DNS: 192.168.1.1
Advanced Setting section, DHCP/DNS page
- Use internal DNS: false (no select)
- Use received DNS with user-enterd DNS: true (select)
other configuration almost the same after complete update firmware.
any suggestion please?