I am having problems with some hard drives that I have connected to the network. (I am not allowed to post links? says "Guests and low-karma users are not allowed to publish links on this site.")
Problem: I have a dual docking station with two hard drives in it. From time to time, the dual docking station disappears for several seconds. After it reappears, the hard drives are mounted again. This happens when there is any form of data transfer; examples: I am watching a movie off the network, or transferring files back and forth. The other hard drive connected (Acomdata) doesn't disappear/unmount, but the connection to it is lost when the other hard drives disappear.
Here are the devices I have:
- Thermaltake Dual HDD Docking Station USB3.0
- 2 500GB HDDs are in the docking station
- External AcomData 500 GB HDD (doesn't dissappear)
- USB HUB w/ flash card reader
- ASUS RT-N16 with Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-088 K26 USB Mega-VPN
The Dual docking station and the AcomData hard drive are connected to the USB dock, which is connected to the router.
Solution(s) I have tried, but didn't work:
- I have tried pekkis61's solution from the "USB drive disappears" thread, but it doesn't work
EDIT: When I look at the logs, I see Buffer I/O errors, etc. Not sure if it means anything, but these problems only started occurring when I started using this docking station.