Dear Developers and Users,
I have been using Tomato Firmware v1.28.9054 MIPSR2-beta E3000 USB Ext on my E3000 for the past three months without problems. The only issue I had (and still have) is with the HD movies on my NTFS HDD - I was not able to watch them over wi-fi - they were lagging (with original firmware it was not a problem). After some reading here, I found that I have to use EXT3 file system to speed up the read/write hdd speed. I have 1TB WD hdd and I have JUST formatted one 55GB partition from NTFS to EXT3 via Easeus Partition Master 9.1 under Windows XP (currently my HDD is with 1 EXT3 and 2 NTFS partitions). I connected the HDD to the router, I copied some files from my PC (Win7) to the new (EXT3) partition but now I cannot delete/modify them. I have set the permissions to read-write for all partitions (with NTFS ones there is no problem to delete/modify files) and I am using file sharing with authentication option.
So finally my questions:
1. What should I do to delete the files from my EXT3 partition? (I have only Windows PCs and my Tomato router);
2. Is there any way to watch/stream HD movies over my wireless network without problems?
3. Can EXT3 and 2xNTFS coexists on single HDD without problems?
4. There is a folder "lost+found" on the EXT3 partition which was not made by me and it was there just after the format. Is that normal?
5. It seems around 2.5GB are initially used just after partition format. I don't understand why. Is that normal?
6. Should I use another tool to format an NTFS partition to EXT3 instead of Easeus?
I would appreciate if you can help me with these "small" questions I have :)
Thank you very much for your advices!