I can no longer use my Tomato 1.27 Samba File Sharing feature, although it did work fine till about 4 weeks ago on my Windows 7 clients. I've read through many many threads i.e. 'Map a network drive? Please, please help' and tried a few things so here's my final plea for help :)
I can see the Network Share ok, i.e. \\TOMATO (or the IP) in Windows brings up my shares that I've defined under the Network Shares List. When I try to open a share I get the Windows error '\\TOMATO\router is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact.. etc'
Things I Have Tried Already:
- The smb:// share works fine from my OSX machines, so this looks like a Windows network setup fail.
- I am not in a domain, and it's all default WORKGROUP.
- I do not set up authentication, and my shares are read/write down from /mnt
- I've tried changing things like local security policy on Windows to accept lower LM settings, not require 128 bit encryption etc.
- I telnet into the mounted filesystem and have chmod'd 777 the files as an experiment. No luck.
- I have Windows File Sharing on (and share files ok between windows machines)
- My network connection has MS Client Network and all things on.
I realize this is a Windows issue (especially as it works fine on my OSX machines) but I'm at the end of the line for solving this.
Help please ?