Hello fellow Tomato lovers :)
First of all, Tomato firmware is brilliant! But I have one problem. I recently purchased two Cisco Linksys E1000 routers version 2.1. Is there any way to get the Tomato firmware working on these routers? If not at the moment, what can I do to help you get it working on these routers? I have noticed there are 3 versions of this router (v1.0 / v2.0 / v2.1). The v2.1 routers I have are almost identical to the new v2.0 E1000’s, except slightly different somewhere in the hardware.
If you can get a working version of the Tomato Firmware on the Linksys E1000 v2.1 router I would be greatly appreciated! If I can assist you in any way with testing the firmware, getting extra hardware information I’ll be here to help. If you can get a working version of it, I will gladly donate $ to your cause! Please remember, hardware is almost the same between v2.0 and v2.1 versions of this router, but there is something very different between the two.
· There is a thread on DD-WRT forum where people have bricked their Linksys E1000 v2.1 router when attempting to use DD-WRT firmware for the v2.0 router.
· For technical specifications, here is the difference between v1, v2 and v2.1 Linksys E1000 routers: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_routers#E1000
· Here is the DD-WRT thread where someone named “Eko” did a test build of DD-WRT for testing on the Linksys E1000 v2.1 router -> www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=605627
· Another person then downloaded the test build “Eko” compiled and installed it and returned the CFE file which can be downloaded here -> dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=19257 (This file may or may not help you as it’s mostly for DD-WRT builds)
· Shortly afterwards, “Eko” came back with a proper release of the DD-WRT firmware for the Linksys E1000 v2.1 on the same forum thread I linked above for DD-WRT.
· Here is the latest official Linksys E1000 v2.1 firmware from the cisco.com website (homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/linksys/E1000 be sure to select version 2.1 under downloads) -> homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/firmware/1224659832444/FW_E1000_2.1.02.005_US_20110506.bin
Some extra information for the Linksys E1000 v2.1 Router:
Serial Num. = CNV2
FCC ID = Q87-E1000V21
CPU Type = Broadcom BCM5357B0KFBG (BCM5357B)
MIPS Rev = ?
CPU Speed = 300MHz
Bus = ?
Flash Type = Serial
Flash Chip = ?
Flash Size = 4MB
Max Firmware Size = 3801088 bytes
RAM Size = 32MB
RAM Chip = ?
nvram Size = 32kb
Switch = ?
Port-based vlan = ?
802.1q vlan = ?
Ethernet Port Count = 1-10/100-WAN 4-10/100-LAN
Wired Standard = IEEE 802.3/3u
boot_wait = ?
bootloader = CFE
Flash Card Socket/Type = No
SD/MMC Mod Support = No
MiniPCI slots = No
PoE = No
Power = 12V/0.5A
Color of LEDs = ?
Size = 7.95" x 1.34" x 6.3" (202 x 34 x 160 mm)
USB = No
Serial Port = Yes
JTAG Port = Yes
Supported by TJTAG/Version = ?
Supported by dd-wrt as of = 16968
dd-wrt K2.4 Support = No
dd-wrt K2.6 Support = Yes
Special Features = ?
Wireless Radio = ?
WLAN DSP processor = ?
Antenna Connector Type = Internal
Wireless Standard = IEEE 802.11b/g/n
WiFi Operating Frequency = 2.4GHz
802.11n Draft = up to 300Mbps
802.11g = 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps
802.11b = 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
Radio cor_rev = ?
Radio Capabilities = ?
Looking forward to hearing something about this soon!