Not sure if its a firmware problem, or something else. I'm Using Asus RT-N16, I upgraded to 1.28.7477.1 build this morning and it went along fine with no problems. I set up my normal network settings/dns turned off L7, turned on syn cookies in firewall, going along fine.. the internet was working at that time. Then I rebooted it by the normal unpluging it and putting it back in, and thats when I couldn't even connect to the router anymore. I tried the NVRAM reset while holding the button while plugging in, also I have ran the Asus restore utility and put in the older build of toastmans but I still can't connect to the router. Trying to ping 192.168.1.1 responded to me with unable/general failure. I've tried everything I can think of currently, any help would be great.
Well I had to use Asus restore to Asus firmware, then I was able to see the router again.. So then I used the restore back to tomato and everything works fine now. Not really sure what happen in the first place.
your aware that the newer builds of toastman have dhcp disabled by default?
this caused for some trouble here as well, but after activating it everything works fine.
You shouldn't really be relying on flashing a router with an IP set by DHCP. You are always recommended to set the gateway to 192.168.1.1 and to set a fixed IP in the same subnet on your PC before flashing.
Victormizer - that's curious because it has actually happened to me too. The "disappearing GUI" syndrome. I'll keep an eye on it.
Oh, just one additional thing - not applicable to you in this case but I wanted to mention it for others who might read the thread. Beware of your browser! Sometimes you just can't see the GUI - it begins to load and then apparently stops. Restart browser, clear caches, reboot PC, or change to a different browser - often shows that whatever the problem is - it probably isn't the router.
Download site http://www.4shared.com/dir/v1BuINP3/Toastman_Builds.html (inc. torrent downloads)
Make a Paypal Donation http://toastmanfirmware.yolasite.com/donations.php