I’m having trouble with media scan crashing my Asus WL-500GPv2 router. I’m running v1.28.9054 MIPSR1-beta K26 USB vpn3.6 and I’ve got a 1GB HDD (NTFS) in a docking station plugged into my router, a setup that worked very well until recently. I got a new computer and decided to rip all my CDs to FLAC and use that to serve the files to an AVR. I tested the Tomato setup with a few FLAC files and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, after ripping about 750 CDs the media scan now hangs at about the same point in every scan and the router crashes. I suspected a corrupt file, so I watched the scan unfold on the AVR and deleted the suspect folder. No help. I tried deleting the last file scanned that showed up on the AVR multiple times with no help. It’s almost as if the scan times out.
I’m not much of a tech guru, and I’m fresh out of troubleshooting ideas. Would you guys recommend just deleting a bunch more files and if that helps? Any and all assistance is most appreciated.
I should mention that I tried changing the DNLA database location from RAM to custom path, also no help. The database folder is there, but it's empty.
I think I've got it! The original issue I think was that I was trying to save the DNLA database to RAM, and it was just too big. I tried changing it to custom path, but I didn't realize that I had to create the directory manually. So I got the bright idea to go to the Run After Mounting box and type:
It's working, and I think I can safely say all is well. I suspect that an awful lot of folks like me who know just enough to be dangerous might run into a similar problem. If any of you guys who actually know what you're doing feel like putting this info into a tutorial I think it would help a bunch of other noobs out there…