Okay, as stated in another post, I purchased an ASUS RT-N16 to replace my Netgear WGT624v3. Flashed it with Toastman latest build. Basic operation is running fine. After solving my port forwarding problem, now I have two more problems I need to tackle on.
RT-N16 seems to be slowing down my mom's P2P program. My mom loves to use P2P program like Flashget and Xunlei (even though they are bloated/leeching) to download Asian's TV show. Before switching the router it is like she is clogging the internet. Whole internet (besides her PC) isn't usable when she runs those P2Ps. Now after switching to RT-N16 with Toastman's build she can't download at a reasonable speed (is like few bits per second), while we can run internet perfectly fine.
- QoS is NOT enabled.
- Tried standard port forwarding. Didn't work even though her P2Ps recognized ports being opened.
- Tried UPnP. Didn't work even though her P2Ps recognized ports being opened.
- Tried putting her PC into DMZ. Didn't work even though her P2Ps recognized ports being opened.
- Checked with router's firewall script, no script throttling with connection.
- Checked with firewall on her PC, no blocking of ports or P2P software.
- Tried increased max connection under advanced settings, didn't improve the speed.
- Rebooted routers between each check point, didn't improve the speed.
As soon as I connect my mom's PC directly into internet (directly into modem), she is downloading like 500 KB/s. Revert to original layout and she slows down to the point of bits per seconds. Her regular browsing speed is not affected, only P2P speed. My mom's PC is wired.
Strange thing is, both Xunlei and Flashget are telling me that the network is fine for behind the router and direct connection.
Phone -> Modem (2210) -> RT-N16 —-> PCs
With RT-N16 running PPPoE. Modem in bridge mode.
Phone -> Modem (2210) -> Mom's PC
Modem in PPPoE mode. Her P2Ps are happy.
My Nintendo Wii is running on wireless mode. When I checked with my router Tomato is telling me that my Wii running on 11mbps (like Wireless b) on G mode only with signal strength of 22. Can I increase transmit power to something like 40? My current transmit power is 17.