I'm trying to get Webmin running on my RT-N16 router. So far, I have had some success (and think that I might be close).
I'm not an expert in anything, so I'm learning as I go.
So far, this is what i have:
- Optware installed
- perl installed
- webmin placed in /opt/webmin/
- modified install script to allow install by 'non-root user' (because "id" command doesn't work on tomatoUSB)
- installed, prefixing all install paths with "/opt"
- (it started running automatically)
- set up port forwarding for port 10000 to "192.168.1.1"
- can get to log-in screen locally using links2
OK, so I can see the login screen using "links2" (installed from optware).
I can't log in using any combination of the usernames "root" or"admin and the main password of the router or the password I supplied during setup.
I also can't see the login screen remotely (using web browser pointed to http://mysite.net:10000)
So, I guess I am looking for someone who wants to go on this journey with me and knows a little bit about how to get past where I am so far, or just someone smarter than me who can help.