I bought a new ASUS RT-N16 and will be installing TomatoUSB firmware, so downloaded tomato-K26USB-1.28.9054MIPSR2-beta-Ext.rar. I am newbie, I got some very basic questions before installing this tomatoUSB and once it works, i probably will not disturb it, hence trying to decide the most right firmware build type.
1) Does tomato-K26USB-1.28.9054MIPSR2-beta-Ext.rar work for me?
2) Ext and VPN - Does the above firmware support VPN too? I probably need vpn into my home network from outside.
3) Any other watchouts? I found this link useful: http://patricksheedy.net/blog/simple-tomato-firmware-install-on-asus-rt-n16-router
4) I dont have a UPS, will a power breakdown during firmware update can cause the router to be useless?
5) What is the right optware i can playaround with?
Thanks a lot for your time :)