Router: Linksys E2000 1.0 (purchased new a week ago)
Firmware: tomato-E2000-1.28.9054MIPSR2-beta-Std.rar (TomatoUSB for V2000 Std build 54)
A new TomatoUSB installation, with all default settings; if the Routing Mode is changed to Router, the WAN speed will slowed down to 8Mb/s from approx. 55Mb/s (when in Gateway mode).
I could easily reproduce this by doing a "nvram" erase and then just set the Routing mode to "Router"; followed by a reboot.
Additional debugging note below…
- I have been using similar 2-router set up, 1 main router to the Internet, and this is the router of an inside subnet (used to be a WRT54GL running Tomato RAF 1.28.121006)
- testing is done both via FTP and streaming into this secondary network (tried multiple computers, cables)
- the WRT54GL did not have similar issue; able to pull in 30Mb/s via FTP
Different testing parameters, all produce the same effect:
- both normal (354MHz) and underclocking (300MHz) on the E2000
- enabled/disabled wireless (to lessen the load on CPU)
- make sure the E2000 was not connected at 10Mb/s, all the attached managed switch confirm a gigabit connection, also tried setting the WAN speed to "100Mb/s full"
- I need to do a reboot to reproduce this issue, if I just change from "Gateway" to "Router" without a reboot, the established FTP section will not slow down- however, I have not confirm if it is actually using "Router" mode in that case.
A pretty long winded description- so the developers will have more information- if there is other testing you want me to do- I'll try my best.
Thanks for this great firmware.