I know this is a horrible "bug" report, but take this as an observation, which maybe someone can backup (or if nobody does, well okay as well).
I built and have been runnnig the 2011-04-22 GIT build of the Tomato-RT branch (TB's branch, most recent as of time of writing), for 5 days now (since the 23rd). For the past 3 days I've noticed that the network has been "stalling" and "going" again and again.
This observation has been mainly on the wireless AND WIRED sides of the network.
EG: On wireless, I've remote desktoped into my main PC, and the screen freezes, wait, goes again, freezes, reconnect, go, etc.
On wired, streaming SD videos from my NAS to the PS3 freezes, and goes, freezes and goes.
On wired, SSH tunnelling in from work, have freezes, and goes, freezes and go…
Non of this happened on the previous build I had been using, which was gotten and built from Tomato-RT GIT on 2011-04-02.
The only things I have enabled on the router are outside of the default are:
- QoS, with only 2 entries based on IP
This is on an E3000 (a converted WRT610Nv2).
Looking at the changelog, there are a number of changes that could be screwing things up I suppose (fastNAT, toolchain items, NVRAM 60K stuff, etc).
So posting this as an FYI….
For now, I've downgraded to the 2011-04-02 build that I had… Will see if the issue "stops"…