Op here, basically i did try a full reset / nvram wipe no change. Don't have the time right now to try another firmware, but essentially i took the time to test the speeds directly plugged into the modem, behind the router via transparent bridging, and behind the router using DHCP with and without DMZ. With QoS and some other features on and off too. I have 40mbit down 20 mbit upload fiber to the node vDSL. All steps tested from both Windows 7 64-bit laptop and Windows 7 32-bit desktop.
You need any more details just ask, I will provide. Trying to troubleshoot this bizarre problem.
Also, how would i go about putting the stock Linksys firmware back on it for testing purposes (don't like DD-WRT).