If you have an external 3.5" USB drive connected to your router (500GB or above, 1TB preferred), could you please download hdparm and seeker from my web site and post the following?
1. Build of TomatoUSB you are running and router model
2. Drive information from USB and NAS/USB Support/Attached Devices
3. Output of "hdparm -tT /dev/sda" (replace with your device path if different, do not include partition #)
4. Output of "seeker /dev/sda" (same as above)
1. TomatoUSB VPN Build 52 on Asus RT-N16
2. TOSHIBA MK6008GAH
Timing cached reads: 162 MB in 2.01 seconds = 80.51 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 50 MB in 3.07 seconds = 16.28 MB/sec
Seeker v2.0, 2007-01-15, [url]http://www.linuxinsight.com/how_fast_is_your_disk.html[/url]
Benchmarking /dev/sda [57231MB], wait 30 seconds………………………..
Results: 42 seeks/second, 23.35 ms random access time
I would appreciate it very much if you could take a moment to post your stats - it's completely non-intrusive.
My Tomato utilities site: http://multics.minidns.net/blog/articles/tomato_utilities