I've got a simple situation at home. Me and my wife, and 90% of the time all that we're using internet for is streaming hulu or Netflix or HBOGO or NHL gamecenter or some tv network app. The other 10% of the time, it's just surfing the web or apps (Instagram, twitter, etc). 90% of the time, the devices we're using to do this are a Roku, an iPad or our phones. Hardly ever is a computer on. We don't use bittorrent. We don't have large downloads or uploads going on. We don't have a telephone system through our cable internet service. It's pretty simple.
So. What I want to do via QOS is make streaming take top priority over any browsing being done on the phones whilst streaming is going on. Such that streaming is uninterrupted and smooth with minimal stutters or delays or buffering or drops in quality. How do I set up QOS to do that? Something like:
If streaming is occurring whilst someone's perusing their phone apps, streaming gets 80% of internet's resources; any and all non-streaming stuff only gets 20%. If no streaming is going on, the non-streaming stuff gets 100% of internet's resources. And obviously if streaming is the only thing going on, it gets 100% of the resources.
I'm new to this so screenshots with XXXXX placeholders where I have to fill in my personal info (such as 85% of my minimum upload speed from three tries at different times of day on speedtest(dot)net in kbps and kbps = Mbs*1024 and all that jazz) would be very much appreciated. My suspicion is these settings shouldn't be too complicated.