I use a Netgear WNR3500Lv2 to distribute my cabled and wireless access.
Using cable I often had dowload speeds approaching 50 MB/s.
However, the stock firmware did not support multicasting, so I tried upgrading to TomatoUSB firmware, with great success.
Checking a couple of weeks later - the speeds seems to be locked at 100Mbps.
- Speed via router used to be around 7-800Mbps - now locked to 100Mbps up/down (both from speedtest.net + confirmed via Steam download speeds lately locked to ~12MB/s )
- TomatoUSB UI reports 1000Mbps Full Duplex LAN and WAN connections (However did report 10Mbps half duplex earlier while still 100mbit locked?)
- Windows reports 1.0Gbps
- WAN still good for 800Mbps directly connected to computer - Computer NIC or WAN connection not the problem (speedtest.net)
- Cables tested and confirmed gigabit, not the problem
- No limits under QoS->B/W Limiter
It seems like the problem lies with the router.
Hopefully it is only a misconfiguration?
Firmware version is
Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-3.1-135 K26 USB AIO
EDIT: Upgraded firmware, didn't help.
Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 MIPSR2-138 K26 USB AIO