I don't post often but I am a long time user of both DD-WRT and Tomato firmware (probably since about 2002-2003 timeframe).
In recent years I have been mostly using Toastman's tomato for routers at my house and that of my mother's house. Some time ago I attempted to try one of the Shibby builds for the router that was at my Mother's house because the builds for the same router (Linksys E1000v2) from the Toastman releases became too large to actually fit on the router. However, while I did like several of the features of that release I found that the Devices listed on the Devices' screen were not always correct. It seems that when a device would leave the area and thus would no longer be connected instead of showing correctly that the device was NOT connected but still listed to show the remainder of the IP Lease time it would often still show as a connected device but with what appears to be unchanging connection information (Interface, RSSI, Quality, TX/RX Rate). For this reason I only choose to use the Shibby releases for the routers that would not support the Toastman builds.
More recently Toastman restructured his builds to be closer to the Shibby builds and I have found after upgrading my Linksys E4200 v1 router to the 509.3 release (and manually correcting all the settings) that this release now also has the bug described above (though this is not an issue in the 508.2 builds - nor any of the builds for at least several years prior).
Obviously this does not affect the direct functions of the router but when one is attempting to monitor connections to a router/location this does add an obstacle.
Louisville, KY Area