Hi all, I am getting an error with regards to having QoS enabled while IPv6 is enabled with the latest 1.35 firmware from Shibby. On version 1.32 before the upgrade I had both working thanks to a thread which added lines to the WAN UP and Firewall to workaround the bugs that existed with that version.
However, after turning off IPv6 my internet access was still being interrupted by the QoS and thus can't establish a connection.
My ISP allows DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation and after setting that up in the IPv6 tab I had the following scripts added to the Firewall and WAN UP as follows:
- prevent neighbor solicitations and other low level ICMP messages from being 'marked', since
- it seems to trigger a kernel bug that prevents them being sent on the correct interface
ip6tables -t mangle -I OUTPUT 1 -o `nvram get wan_iface` -p icmpv6 \! —icmpv6-type echo-request -j RETURN
- Workaround for TomatoUSB bug where a spurious default IPv6 route is
- added for no justified reason, resulting in packets getting forwarded
- effectively to /dev/null.
- 1. Temporarily disable accepting IPv6 RAs on the WAN interface. This
- will stop the kernel from automatically adding a default IPv6 route
- when such an RA is received via the WAN.
- 2. Delete ALL default IPv6 routes. In effect this deletes the spurious
- IPv6 default route, as well as any default IPv6 routes received via RA.
- Sadly the "ip" command does not give you a way to differentiate between
- the two, since the one we truly want to delete lacks "proto kernel".
- 3. Restore honouring IPv6 RAs via the WAN. Within 60-120 seconds (often
- within seconds on Comcast) a default IPv6 route should be added by the
- kernel. You can use "ip -6 route show default dev `nvram get wan_iface`"
- to verify; you should have only one route ("default via fe80::xxx …").
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/`nvram get wan_iface`/accept_ra
ip -6 route flush default dev `nvram get wan_iface`
route -A inet6 del default gw :: metric 1024 `nvram get wan_iface`
echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/`nvram get wan_iface`/accept_ra
After upgrading to the latest firmware and re-configuring the router manually again. After I turned on the QoS I get the following error in the IPv6 section where I assigned the IPv6 type:
ip6tables-restore: line 7 failed
The error is not too descriptive, but if you need something from me to run to get more details on the error please let me know. For now I have QoS disabled until this matter is resolved. If it is a bug and can't be fixed in the near future then I will revert back to version 1.32. Since my karma is low also I can't post the link where the scripts originated but I am sure someone can find it.