A while back I installed Tomato on my WRT54G. All was good. Then I got a new router, so I repurposed the Tomato/WRT54G to use as a WAP/Switch on part of my home LAN. All was still good. Since then a few things changed and the WRT54G got put into storage.
Now I want to resurrect the WRT54G/Tomato convert it back into a router and use it exclusively for VPN.
I am unable to connect to the admin page on the WRT54G router. Here is what I have tried:
- 30-30-30 reset
- 2 min reset
- laptop direct to ethernet port, tried direct to internet port
- laptop static IP/subnet/gateway on 192.168.1.1
- laptop static IP/subnet/gateway on 192.168.11.1
- ipconfig all - get assigned IP and try it
- connected WRT54G to LAN via ethernet port, tried direct to internet port
- current router cannot "see" the WRT54G no matter which way I connect it
I am thinking that when I told tomato to no longer act as a router, just to act as a switch I somehow hooped the device, or put it on an IP which I cannot remember. I also cannot recall how I told tomato to not act as a router.
Any suggestions on how I can gain access to this brick?