Note: I have restored the router to factory settings & manually reconfigured it prior to posting. Everything else is fantastic.
I have a Netgear R7000 running Advanced Tomato Firmware 1.28.0000 -3.0-132 K26ARM USB AIO-64K.
Everything is working great except that my Samsung UN40EH5300 smart tv loses connectivity to the media server regularly. I have an 3TB Seagate hard drive connected to the Netgear via the USB 3.0 port. The tv is connected to the Netgear via ethernet cable.
Important: the tv does not lose connection to the internet when it loses connection to the media server. We've watched Netflix/Hulu on the tv for hours without interruption. Playing a media file (on the tv) off the external hard drive usually lasts 20-40 minutes before the connection is dropped. To get the media server connection back, the tv must be restarted.
I've not noticed any connectivity issues with our laptops and the connected storage - all seems to be well for everything except the media server/TV combo. Copying large files or large quantities of files is no problem - it can easily spend a few hours copying gigs & gigs of files. I also noticed that the light showing the USB storage on the router is no longer on, but this does not seem to affect anything.
Here are the enabled settings:
- Core usb support
- usb 3 support
- usb 2 support
- usb storage support
- file system support: NTFS only
- ntfs driver: Paragon
- Automount: yes
- Attached Devices Type Host Description Mounted? Storage 0 Seagate Backup+ Desk Partition 'MegaDrive' ufsd (348.32 GB / 2,794.51 GB used) is mounted on /tmp/mnt/MegaDrive
Samba File Sharing
- Enabled: Yes, no authentication
- Workgroup name: workgroup
- client codepage: unspecified
- auto-share all usb partitions: read/write
- options: Master Browser & WINS server
- Additional Shares List Share Name Directory Description Access Level Hidden jffs /jffs JFFS Read / Write No root$ / Hidden Root Read Only Yes
FTP Server OFF
- Port: 0
- Database location: RAM (temporary)
- strictly adhere to DNLA standards
- Media Directories Directory Content Filter /mnt/MegaDrive Video only
- UPS monitor n/a
BitTorrent client disabled
Model Netgear R7000
Chipset ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
CPU Freq 1000 MHz (dual-core)
Flash Size 128MB