I am using Asus RT-N66U router running Tomato 1.28 by Shibby.
I am trying to keep track of my data usage and when I compare my daily usage there is a huge discrepancy, my router is showing much more BW usage than what my ISP tells me.
I do not have any internal network where I transfer files or anything, it is all internet usage.
I have appr 12 devices in total, 4 using Lan connection, 4 using main wifi, and few devices using the guest wifi.
I have static IP addresses assigned to all my devices.
My BW monitor is set to save file every 24 hours, so far I have monitored it for 4 days.
Tomato FW is show appr 40% more usage than what my ISP has recorded. It is not necessarily proportional over usage, I notice one day it as only about 25% more and one day it was like 60% more than ISP records. Why is there a huge discrepancy.
Just yesterday I found something very odd, we have a Iphone which is connected to the main wifi.
Over the 3-4 days I see the avg BW usage for this device was 3MB, however yesterday it was hardly used, maybe even less so than the previous 4 days, however the BW usage was showing 1.2Gb for this device. This does not make any sense.
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue, thanks.