Hi, any advice or help would be most appreciated there doesn't seem to be a support forum for shibby so out of desperation I'm trying here:
I'm trying to set up a cifs share but no matter what I try it, won't work. I keep on getting the following log error:
Mar 5 13:35:28 unknown user.err kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -12 (sometimes error 22) Much scouring of Google turns up "this could be anything"
- Freenas share won't work: It just won't work in the web interface. I've tried every single variation of password/account/windows/unix/useraccount/nobody I can think of but nothing.
- Same shares all work on the network so it can't be that incorrect setup?
- SSH mount command to the cifs folder works - mount //192.168.1.100/bandwidth-logs /cifs2 -o username=logs,password=logs,sec=ntlm but of course I can't get that to "stick" on reboots
Windows 8 works??? Can't use this machine it's my power horse and gets switched off at night.
- Out of curiosity I tried setting up a share on my windows it machine.. it works!?!? Whish I knew what was different
- Same settings as on the freenas box and also on a windows7 box (both run continuously) - No go
I'd like to setup up bandwidth monitoring but as long as it's stored in ram.. there is kind of no point.
Lastly if this has you stumped, can I set this up manuallu using scripts? I'm sure I can but not quite sure how to go about it.
Anyway, thanks for your input.
PS: I'm 1/4 step up from LinuxNoob, if even that.