No need to worry because we are here to help you find the best wireless router for home media streaming After hours of research, we have put together a list of products that can be just what you need. We have also included a buying guide and answered some questions to clear any doubts you may have.
Best wireless router for home media streaming: Top Picks in 2022?
- Key Features Extreme WiFi speed for gaming—Up to 2400Mbps MU-MIMO—Simultaneous streaming of data for multiple devices Advanced QoS for lag-free gaming & uninterrupted video streaming Extreme range with high-power amplifiers & external antennas for best connectivity Beamforming+ for improved WiFi range & performance across both 2.4 and 5GHz devices Powerful processor—Dual-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections Nighthawk App—Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes access from anywhere to manage your network away from home USB 3.0 for up to 10 times faster access to your stored media than USB 2.0 Free backup software for Windows based computers to automatically safeguard your files Airtime Fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- Technical Specifications R7350 (600Mbps 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps 5GHz) Simultaneous dual band WiFi --Tx/Rx 3x3 (2.4GHz) + 4x4 (5GHz) Implicit & explicit Beamforming Powerful dual-core processor Memory: 128MB flash and 256MB RAM Downstream & Upstream QoS automatically recognize & prioritize applications ReadySHARE USB Access—Share & access your USB hard drive IPv6 Support (Internet Protocol Version 6) On/off LED lights option
- Standards One (1) USB 3.0 port IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz + 256-QAM support IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz Five (5) 10/100/1000Mbps—(1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Package Contents Nighthawk R7350 Smart WiFi Router (R7350) Three (3) detachable antennas Ethernet cable Quick start guide Power adapter
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Coverage up to 1,200 sq. ft. for 40 devices
- Fast AX1800 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Connects to your existing cable modem and replaces your WiFi router. Compatible with any internet service provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, and DSL
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 3 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Sets up in minutes; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
- 【Brilliant 4K, HDR, and HD streaming, Stick design】Experience the visual rush of 4K and vibrant HDR picture quality. Easily move it around your house or take it to a friend's. You can even hide it behind your TV.
- 【A huge selection of entertainment】Stream movies, music, and other content using a wide range of apps, including Apple TV+, Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, The Roku Channe, HBO and Showtime to cable alternatives like Sling and Hulu with Live TV.
- 【High-speed wireless connectivity】 Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router is required and sold separately). Control your player, watch the Roku Channel, use private listening, and more.
- 【Compatible with most TVs】Easily connects to HDTVs and 4K Ultra HD TVs. 4K requires compatible 4K TV and content. HDR requires compatible HDR TV and content. Such content is not available on all channels and may require payment. Check bandwidth requirements with a channel provider. Web-based services and content require high-speed Internet service. Some services may require a subscription.
- 【Tons of power, tons of fun】Snappy and responsive, you’ll stream your favorites with ease—from movies and series on Apple TV, Prime Video, Netflix, to cable alternatives like Sling, enjoy the most talked-about TV across thousands of channels.
- Simultaneous dual band
- Wireless-N Technology
- 4 Fast Ethernet ports
- High-capacity add-on storage
- Fast data transfers
- Plug-and-play ready for Windows PCs
- WD quality inside and out
- Choose from hundreds of live TV channels and stream thousands of On Demand movies and shows.
- Search for your favorite entertainment easily. Filter by genre, ratings, favorite channels and more.
- View your personal library of DVR recordings, On Demand purchases, downloads, bookmarks and more. Get recommendations for shows and movies you’ll love.
- Download content to watch offline or stream data-free as a Verizon Wireless Customer (data-free offer not available in California).
- Control your TV through the app to play content, manage your DVR, watch recordings and more.
- Five Gigabit Ports — 1 Gigabit WAN Port + 3 Gigabit WAN/LAN Ports +1 Gigabit LAN Port. Up to four WAN ports optimize bandwidth usage through one device.
- Integrated into Omada SDN — Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform integrates network devices including gateways, access points & switches with multiple control options offered – Omada Hardware controller or Omada Software Controller. Standalone mode also applies.
- Cloud Access — Remote Cloud access and Omada app brings centralized cloud management of the whole network from different sites—all controlled from a single interface anywhere, anytime.
- SDN Compatibility — For SDN usage, make sure your devices/controllers are either equipped with or can be upgraded to SDN version. SDN controllers work only with SDN Gateways, Access Points & Switches. Non-SDN controllers work only with non-SDN APs. For devices that are compatible with SDN firmware, please visit TP-Link website.
- Abundant Security Features — Advanced firewall policies, DoS defense, IP/MAC/URL filtering, speed test and more security functions protect your network and data.
- 【High Speed Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming】 – Dual band up to 3200 Mbps WiFi for 4K/8K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering. Simultaneous 5GHz 2167Mbps and 2.4GHz 1000Mbps connections available.
- 【Connect 100 Devices】 – Adapts OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology to reduce waiting time and speed up connections.
- 【2,500 sq. ft Coverage】 – With beamforming technology, this powerful router provides stable wifi in every corner of your house.
- 【Built-in Fixed Antennas】 – 8×5dBi omni-directional antennas have been adjusted to the optimal position for receiving/transmitting signals. Ensure you enjoy a stable signal at anytime. Also not easy to accumulate dust, beautiful and neat design.
- 【4 Gigabit Ethernet, 1 USB & LED Screen】 – Provides 1x1000Mbps WAN and 3x1000Mbps LAN ports for better wired performance. USB3.0 port to share files & media with networked devices. Special LED screen on top of router shows WiFi connectivity and router status. 3 touch keys allow easy and accurate operation. Also supports app management.
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- USB 3.0 port: USB 3.0 and Gigabit Ethernet ports ensure ultimate media streaming and fast data transfer of photos, video, data files or connecting devices across your network. USB 3.0 is 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Smart Wi-Fi allows users to prioritize devices or websites, gain parental control over inappropriate content, monitor network activity, turn Wi-Fi access on or off, and create select password-protected guest networks.
- Smart Wi-Fi apps: A growing suite of apps offers improved opportunities to control one's home network
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best wireless router for home media streaming
Now, when you do research prior to buying the best wireless router for home media streaming, there are certain things you need to consider. Because these considerations come into play by ensuring that you do not end up with the wrong choice.
Finding the perfect wireless router for home media streaming is not rocket science and doesn’t require extensive research. Some important features which you should look out for are described below.
While there are numerous brands on the market, the truth is not all of them can give you the features you may need.
We’ve done the legwork of locating the most reputable brands around for you. By choosing from these, you’ll be much less likely than going to a store and grabbing something without considering the brand and everything behind it.
Durability is one of the primary features which are important for most products. They don’t often have long lifespans and require replacement every now then.
Before you buy any product from the store, make sure you know about the material well. Sometimes, many people buy the wrong product even after spending a lot of bucks. Why do they do that? Probably because they don’t know which material ensures ultimate durability.
You should always focus on the quality of a product before getting it. Make sure it’s sturdy and built to last. No matter whether it’s made of wood, metal, plastic, aluminum or steel.
Features of wireless router for home media streaming
Before deciding on a specific product, be certain that it has all the necessary features you require.
If you’re unsure concerning something, don’t hesitate to ask the manufacturer. That way, you can make the right purchase that provides precise results.
Quality of the wireless router for home media streaming
The quality of the product is an important factor. If you happen to get one with low-quality material, you will have a tough time trying to maneuver them.
Whatever you choose to buy, the quality should be first-rate. You don’t want to waste money on something that looks or feels cheap when what you desire is elegance, coziness, and style.
Cost shouldn’t be an issue if you’re willing to invest in a high-quality product. An inexpensive product often has great features, so you get great value for your money.
However, expensive products don’t necessarily mean to be of exceptional quality. We prefer to say you select something that fulfills your needs.
Ease of Use
People feel more comfortable using products that come with a straightforward process of use.
So, you should always look for the ones that come with an easy to use process. You can find different designs, so you should choose the one that comes with more convenient features.
It is always recommended to have a product with a warranty, however, it’s not compulsory. However, if the brand provides warranties for a certain timeframe, then certainly, it’s a favorable deal.
The product size is one of the most important aspects to consider before purchasing a wireless router for home media streaming. You need to know what kind of product you want to buy to best fit your needs.
It is essential to buy a product that addresses your needs based on your product dimensions. Spending money on something you will likely need is a waste of money. You should choose a product that will meet your needs based on its power.
Many products with countless designs are available in the market. Some designs are redundant, and others aren’t as efficient. Make sure you know what you do and whether the tools you choose will help you do your job better.
No matter how passionate you are about your occupation or work, your safety must always be a top priority. Since you’ll be using wireless router for home media streaming make sure it has all the features that ensure the safety of the users. You do not want to experience any kind of accident.
Don’t just pick any brand, no matter how excellent, inexpensive, or available it is. Ensure that safety measures have been considered.
Materials of the wireless router for home media streaming
We advise not to buy products from brands that don’t specify the materials they use unless we’re sure the product is made with good quality materials. It’s important to be confident about a purchase before you make one, so when the materials used aren’t clearly specified, it makes us doubt the product’s quality.
It’s imperative to consider what material will work best for your requirements before you make an investment since you could find yourself wasting your money.
As you know by now, there are various types of wireless router for home media streaming available in the market. You have to understand the pros and cons of individual types of products before picking the perfect one for your needs.
It is best to compare the advantages with each other before determining the perfect type.
Before you can utilize a product, often there are some fundamental guidelines that must be followed to get the most out of it. While some people may be able to just figure it out on their own, others may need an instruction manual.
Instruction manual is designed to provide you with information about how to use the product. The manual also goes over the safety precautions and explains how to recognize potential hazards. So, you should buy the product that comes with an instruction manual.
When you are planning to buy a wireless router for home media streaming, you will definitely think of its performance because nobody wants to waste his money buying a wrong product. So, check ins and outs of the wireless router for home media streaming from user’s review, forums and expert people before you pick a specific model.
It can be frustrating when you buy something and then it turns out three days later that it is not what you need. With a little thought and effort, it is possible to avoid this by purchasing a versatile product that has multiple uses. You can use one product for many purposes. This can save time on products that may not get used up quickly.
You can also use the product in different ways, depending on the need at the time. In this way, you can also save money as you’ll just need to purchase the perfect one.
When you are planning to buy a wireless router for home media streaming, you will definitely think of the accessories availability in the market. Because anytime soon, it may cause damages due to unwanted accidents at any stage of its usages.
Some products also come in bundles, where they have a combo package of the necessary items that you may need with it.
Yup, color does matter! When you are planning to buy a wireless router for home media streaming from dozens of models, you will definitely wish to get your desired color. As, color is the symbol of choice, aristocracy and represents your personal taste.
We have reviewed some of the best wireless router for home media streaming considering this option of course.
A wireless router for home media streaming is highly compact in order to have a high usage capacity. Compactness also ensures good portability and easy handling of a unit. Because if wireless router for home media streaming doesn’t comes handy, you may face it tough to manage while using it.
After reading our buying guide, you will get the answers for the following questions:
- How much does the best wireless router for home media streaming costs?
- What are the benefits of a wireless router for home media streaming?
- Where to buy the best wireless router for home media streaming?
- What is the best brands of wireless router for home media streaming?
- How long does a wireless router for home media streaming last?
- Does wireless router for home media streaming comes with a manufacturer warranty?
- Are wireless router for home media streaming worth it?
Selecting the best item from a group of choices is a difficult job. We hope that our effort in finding the best wireless router for home media streaming has contributed something to you.
To help you make the right choice, we have included reviews of our top choices, a thoroughly researched buying guide, and a simple comparison.