No need to worry because we are here to help you find the best white paint for interior walls After hours of research, we have put together a list of products that can be just what you need. We have also included a buying guide and answered some questions to clear any doubts you may have.
Best white paint for interior walls: Top Picks in 2022?
- Use for a variety of indoor and outdoor project surfaces including wood, metal, plaster, masonry or unglazed ceramic
- Water-based acrylic formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Covers up to 120 sq ft and dries to touch in 30 minutes for quick project completion
- Flat finish minimizes surface imperfections, goes on smoothly and provides excellent hide
- Prior to application sand surfaces with 180/200 grit sandpaper, then wash with a degreaser, allow the surface to dry and apply paint
- Prestige Paints has created a comparable Color based on Color specifications of the original Color using industry leading technology
- This Valspar paint Color Name is a trademark of Valspar. Prestige Paints is not associated or affiliated with Valspar in any way
- Smooth application ideal for living rooms, family rooms, media rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms, kitchens and hallways
- 100% Acrylic latex paint for easy soap and water clean-up
- Low VOC: less than 5 g/L prior to tinting
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY – Microblend paint is a professional quality, low VOC, low odor paint and primer with a silky smooth, luxurious finish.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – Exceptional hide and self-leveling additives work hard so you don’t have to. Stain blockers and rust inhibitors keep walls and trim looking fresh. Exterior formulas feature additional UV protection.
- PROPRIETARY FORMULA – Our water-based acrylic resin formula cures hard for an extremely durable, stain resistant, scrubbable and washable finish.
- THE ONLY ON-DEMAND PAINT COMPANY – Microblend’s patented APM (automated paint machine) creates a fresh bucket of paint for each order, so every color, sheen and size is always in stock. We ship all orders within 1 business day and many the same day.
- 300+ COLORS – In flat, satin, eggshell, semi-gloss and gloss sheens, and in quart, 1-gallon, 2-gallons, & 5-gallons sizes. Each bucket is tested with a spectrophotometer ensuring incredibly consistent color bucket-to-bucket, for perfectly matched walls and invisible touch-ups.
- Finish: Flat
- Latex paint that can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed to create smooth finish on interior walls
- Washable and Low Odor paint & primer ; additional primer recommended if surface requires additional adhesion (eg. Bare wood) and hiding (eg. Dark colors)
- Can be applied to multiple surfaces including drywall, wood, masonry, steel and aluminum
- One gallon will cover 300-425 sq. ft. depending on surface texture, color, and application method
- ✅EXTREMELY VERSATILE - Montage Signature is the #1 choice for all of your professional painting needs - interior/exterior, small residential spaces, large commercial buildings & everything in between!
- ✅SUPERIOR COVERAGE & PROTECTION - All of our specialty finishes let you brush smoothly & evenly while delivering maximum coverage. Improved sealing technology allows for easy cleaning and protection from common water issues.
- ✅ - We're committed to the highest quality & pollutant-free materials, and a rigorous engineering and testing process for each of our leading professional paints.
- ✅10 YEAR - We can't wait to add you to our long list of loyal customers turning to Montage Signature for all of their painting needs. All paints are covered by our 10 Year Premium .
- ✅MADE IN USA - Montage Signature Paint believes in the power of a thriving American economy and the integrity of its people. 100% produced from Raw & Post Consumer latex paints right here in the
- Prestige Paints has created a comparable color based on color specifications of the original color using industry leading technology
- This Sherwin Williams paint color name is a trademark of Sherwin Williams Prestige Paints is not associated or affiliated with Sherwin Williams in any way
- Smooth Application ideal for living rooms family rooms media rooms bedrooms dining rooms kitchens and hallways
- 100% Acrylic latex paint for easy soap and water clean-up
- Low VOC less than 5 g/l prior to tinting
- PROFESSIONALLY RECYCLED PAINTS: Lower cost alternative to virgin paint, without sacrificing quality. One gallon of Recolor Interior Finish, Extra White (Flat) covers about 450 square feet. This is interior, latex paint with a finish that is flat—produced in the USA!
- HIGH QUALITY: Processed from carefully screened feedstock so that the highest quality recycled content paint is produced. Undergoes additional testing for quality assurance making sure the paint is just as good as it was when it was first used. Our coverage is as good or better than that of the virgin paint.
- APPLICATION & COVERAGE: Durable and washable latex paint. Dry time is 2-6 hours. Clean-up is easy with just soap and water. NOTE: Colors may vary by batch. We recommend bulking paint from different batches together to ensure uniformity of color. Use as a topcoat or primer on all adequately prepared exterior, new, or painted surfaces. May be used on wood, concrete, vinyl, and aluminum siding or metal surfaces that have been properly primed.
- ENVIRONMENTAL INTEGRITY: We collect leftover paint, utilizing a process that involves rigorous screening and quality control. We produce a paint that is recycled content, thereby maximizing environmental benefits such as natural resource conservation, reduction of waste, reduction of air and water pollution, and a reduced need for landfill space. Naturally low in ‘volatile organic compounds’ (VOC), which means it has fewer chemical solvents that are released into the air.
- WOMEN OWNED COMPANY IN THE USA: Recolor Paints began in 2009 as a small, women-owned, retail store in Scituate, Massachusetts. With a heartfelt concern for the environment, owners Katharine Brown and Tania Keeble are driven by the overwhelming amount of paint wasted in the United States. Currently, their high quality, recycled content paint is found in retail stores up and down the East Coast. All our paints come from the USA and are reprocessed in the USA.
- Made in Columbus, Ohio
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats when using as a Paint & Primer
- Properly mix paint before using
- Great for dry wall, trim and textured surfaces
- Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed
- Ideal for painting interior walls and spaces such as bathrooms, basements, kitchens, closets, laundry rooms and more
- Low-odor formula inhibits the growth of mold and mildew on the paint film
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes and covers between 75-100 sq. ft. per quart
- Creates a washable, semi-gloss finish
- Paint is self priming and will adhere to surfaces without sanding
- Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior/interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry and more
- Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- Dries to the touch in 2-4 hours and covers up to 90 sq. ft.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- Glossy finish provides a fresh shine to surfaces
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best white paint for interior walls
Now, when you do research prior to buying the best white paint for interior walls, there are certain things you need to consider. Because these considerations come into play by ensuring that you do not end up with the wrong choice.
Finding the perfect white paint for interior walls is not rocket science and doesn’t require extensive research. Some important features which you should look out for are described below.
While there are numerous brands on the market, the truth is not all of them can give you the features you may need.
We’ve done the legwork of locating the most reputable brands around for you. By choosing from these, you’ll be much less likely than going to a store and grabbing something without considering the brand and everything behind it.
Durability is one of the primary features which are important for most products. They don’t often have long lifespans and require replacement every now then.
Before you buy any product from the store, make sure you know about the material well. Sometimes, many people buy the wrong product even after spending a lot of bucks. Why do they do that? Probably because they don’t know which material ensures ultimate durability.
You should always focus on the quality of a product before getting it. Make sure it’s sturdy and built to last. No matter whether it’s made of wood, metal, plastic, aluminum or steel.
Features of white paint for interior walls
Before deciding on a specific product, be certain that it has all the necessary features you require.
If you’re unsure concerning something, don’t hesitate to ask the manufacturer. That way, you can make the right purchase that provides precise results.
Quality of the white paint for interior walls
The quality of the product is an important factor. If you happen to get one with low-quality material, you will have a tough time trying to maneuver them.
Whatever you choose to buy, the quality should be first-rate. You don’t want to waste money on something that looks or feels cheap when what you desire is elegance, coziness, and style.
Cost shouldn’t be an issue if you’re willing to invest in a high-quality product. An inexpensive product often has great features, so you get great value for your money.
However, expensive products don’t necessarily mean to be of exceptional quality. We prefer to say you select something that fulfills your needs.
Ease of Use
People feel more comfortable using products that come with a straightforward process of use.
So, you should always look for the ones that come with an easy to use process. You can find different designs, so you should choose the one that comes with more convenient features.
It is always recommended to have a product with a warranty, however, it’s not compulsory. However, if the brand provides warranties for a certain timeframe, then certainly, it’s a favorable deal.
The product size is one of the most important aspects to consider before purchasing a white paint for interior walls. You need to know what kind of product you want to buy to best fit your needs.
It is essential to buy a product that addresses your needs based on your product dimensions. Spending money on something you will likely need is a waste of money. You should choose a product that will meet your needs based on its power.
Many products with countless designs are available in the market. Some designs are redundant, and others aren’t as efficient. Make sure you know what you do and whether the tools you choose will help you do your job better.
No matter how passionate you are about your occupation or work, your safety must always be a top priority. Since you’ll be using white paint for interior walls make sure it has all the features that ensure the safety of the users. You do not want to experience any kind of accident.
Don’t just pick any brand, no matter how excellent, inexpensive, or available it is. Ensure that safety measures have been considered.
Materials of the white paint for interior walls
We advise not to buy products from brands that don’t specify the materials they use unless we’re sure the product is made with good quality materials. It’s important to be confident about a purchase before you make one, so when the materials used aren’t clearly specified, it makes us doubt the product’s quality.
It’s imperative to consider what material will work best for your requirements before you make an investment since you could find yourself wasting your money.
As you know by now, there are various types of white paint for interior walls available in the market. You have to understand the pros and cons of individual types of products before picking the perfect one for your needs.
It is best to compare the advantages with each other before determining the perfect type.
Before you can utilize a product, often there are some fundamental guidelines that must be followed to get the most out of it. While some people may be able to just figure it out on their own, others may need an instruction manual.
Instruction manual is designed to provide you with information about how to use the product. The manual also goes over the safety precautions and explains how to recognize potential hazards. So, you should buy the product that comes with an instruction manual.
When you are planning to buy a white paint for interior walls, you will definitely think of its performance because nobody wants to waste his money buying a wrong product. So, check ins and outs of the white paint for interior walls from user’s review, forums and expert people before you pick a specific model.
It can be frustrating when you buy something and then it turns out three days later that it is not what you need. With a little thought and effort, it is possible to avoid this by purchasing a versatile product that has multiple uses. You can use one product for many purposes. This can save time on products that may not get used up quickly.
You can also use the product in different ways, depending on the need at the time. In this way, you can also save money as you’ll just need to purchase the perfect one.
When you are planning to buy a white paint for interior walls, you will definitely think of the accessories availability in the market. Because anytime soon, it may cause damages due to unwanted accidents at any stage of its usages.
Some products also come in bundles, where they have a combo package of the necessary items that you may need with it.
Yup, color does matter! When you are planning to buy a white paint for interior walls from dozens of models, you will definitely wish to get your desired color. As, color is the symbol of choice, aristocracy and represents your personal taste.
We have reviewed some of the best white paint for interior walls considering this option of course.
A white paint for interior walls is highly compact in order to have a high usage capacity. Compactness also ensures good portability and easy handling of a unit. Because if white paint for interior walls doesn’t comes handy, you may face it tough to manage while using it.
After reading our buying guide, you will get the answers for the following questions:
- How much does the best white paint for interior walls costs?
- What are the benefits of a white paint for interior walls?
- Where to buy the best white paint for interior walls?
- What is the best brands of white paint for interior walls?
- How long does a white paint for interior walls last?
- Does white paint for interior walls comes with a manufacturer warranty?
- Are white paint for interior walls worth it?
Selecting the best item from a group of choices is a difficult job. We hope that our effort in finding the best white paint for interior walls has contributed something to you.
To help you make the right choice, we have included reviews of our top choices, a thoroughly researched buying guide, and a simple comparison.