That’s why we’re here to assist you in picking the best lightweight water filter for backpacking. We have gone through the difficult process of evaluating every product in detail to find the best one. Whether you’re buying for the first time or looking for an upgrade. Brace yourself for everything you need to know about buying the best product available.
So Without further ado, let’s jump right in!
Best lightweight water filter for backpacking: Reviews in 2022?
- 0.1 micron water filter removes harmful organisms like bacteria 99.9999% and protozoa like Giardia & Cryptosporidium 99.9%, surpassing EPA standards
- Collapsible 1.0L hydrapak soft bottle flask packs down small to fit in tight spaces (jacket pockets, purses, backpack, fly vests)
- Ez-clean Membrane is simple and easy to clean by simply shaking or swishing the filter to clean debris, no backflushing or extra tools required
- Filters up to 1, 000 liters of contaminated water without using chemicals or other devices and hydrate quickly and easily with the free flow channels fast flow rate
- Stay clean drink nozzle keeps the mouthpiece clean and sanitary (replaceable with standard plastic water bottle caps)
- Proven protection against bacteria and protozoan cysts down to 0.2 micron with pleated glass-fiber filter media
- Activated carbon in the core of the filter improves the taste and reduces chemicals in your drinking water
- The field cleanable filter protector screen extends the life of the cartridge in challenging conditions
- Long-time trusted option for backpackers with it's ultra-light 11oz, compact size and compatibility with hydration bladders
- Transparent design allows you to see the filtration working
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and International travel, and emergency preparedness
- High-performance 0.1 Micron absolute inline filter fits in the palm of your hand and weighs just 2 ounces; 100% of MINI units individually tested three times to performance standards by Sawyer
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons; Includes one Sawyer MINI filter, 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger
- Lightweight, Easy To Use Portable Water Filter Removes Harmful Bacteria, Protozoa, Cysts, Sediment, And 100% Of Microplastics; Perfect For Outdoor Adventures, Travel, Or Emergency Preparedness
- High-Performance 0.1 Micron Absolute Inline Filter Fits In The Palm Of Your Hand And Weighs Just 2 Ounces; 100% Of Micro Squeeze Units Individually Tested Three Times To Performance Standards By Sawyer
- Built-In And Removable Flip Top Sports Cap; Spray Water Straight Into Mouth Or Bottle From Included Pouch; Also Fits Standard Water Bottles With 28 Mm Threads
- Includes Two Reusable 32-Oz, Bpa-Free Collapsible Pouches That Roll Up Tightly For Easy Packing, Drinking Straw, One Set Of Sawyer Inline Hydration Pack Adapters For Filter, And Mesh Storage Bag
- Independently Tested at Multiple Labs in the USA: Tests show Removal of - 99.999% Virus, Staph, Parasites and Bacteria and Reduction of Heavy Metals - 99.5% of Mercury and 93% Lead - surpassing EPA standards for water filters.
- Proven protection against any unwanted objects in your drinking water; Reduces Heavy Metals and Improves taste, thanks to Dual Hollow Fiber Membrane (Ultra Filters) and Carbon Filtration - 20 times more efficient than the competition at 0.2 microns and none of the Competition Comes Close with Our Heavy Metal Removal
- Shell is ABS Material (Same Material Used on Car Bumpers), Polysulfone Medical Grade Ultra Filter (Same Material Used in Visors of Apollo Astronauts), Food Grade Activated Carbon and Handle Contains Steel Bar Inside for Extra Support. BPA Free
- Super Fast Flow Rate of 500 Milliliters (17 Ounces) per Minute; Can be used directly from fresh water source, pumped into attached cup, or pumped into any portable hydration pack; Perfect for filtering large jugs of water for the whole family
- Survivor Filter Lifetime Sales Support: Survivor Filter is based in North America and we cover all manufacturing and other defects. If you ever run into any problems with any of our products simply contact us and we will work to make it right.
- 💧 【5-Stage Efficient Filtration】With adoption of premium-quality coconut shell activated carbon, 0.1 um ultrafiltration membrane and other raw materials, the Water Filter Straw can effectively reduce harmful substances like chlorine, particulates, sediment, stones, sand, dirt, bad taste &odor in water to ensure the water safety and deliver better drinking experience.
- 💧 【Professional Combination】Waterdrop Gravity Water Filter Straw with 1.5 gal Gravity-Fed Water Bag is an exclusive water purification combination created for outdoor activities and first aid survival. The large-capacity water bag can hold up to 1.5 Gallons of water at a time, which is about 11 bottles of 500 ml bottled purified water, and can meet the all-day demand for outdoor water drinking.
- 💧 【Longer Lifespan with Recyclable Straw】With innovative back-flush design, the inside of the Water Filter Straw can be kept clean at all times and it is recyclable, safe and pollution-free; the Waterdrop Filter straw can provide safe drinking water up to 100,000 gallons，and ensures the maximum water flow rate of up to 700 ml/min to provide more relaxed outdoor water drinking experience.
- 💧 【Versatile uses】: The Water Filter Straw can be connected with water bags or water bottles to filter water for drinking. Both ends of it can be disassembled and connected with the water bags and the water bottles to offer you clean drinking water anytime anywhere.
- 💧 【Multi-scene Application】As a necessity for outdoor water purification, the Waterdrop Gravity Water Filter Straw is applicable to hiking, camping, domestic and international travel, emergency preparedness (tornadoes, rainstorms, earthquakes, floods, etc.) to meet the emergency water demand in a variety of situations.
- Pocket-sized lightweight water filter cleans water on-the-go for hiking, camping, traveling, and emergency preparedness
- Drink directly from the source or fill a water bottle or hydration pack; easy one-handed operation filters one liter in 60 seconds
- Ultralight (5 ounces) and compact (6x2.4 inches), it fits in a stash pocket for trail runners, hikers, and mountain bikers
- Hollow fiber technology allows water to pass through but traps harmful protozoa, like giardia and cryptosporidium, and bacteria, like salmonella
- Effective against bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.9%) and particulate; filters up to 2,000 liters without iodine, chlorine or other chemicals
- 0.1 micron water filter removes harmful organisms like bacteria 99.9999% and protozoa like giardia & cryptosporidium 99.9%, surpassing epa standards
- filters up to 1,000 liters of contaminated water without using chemicals or other devices
- hydrate quickly and easily with the free flow channels fast flow rate up to 2l per minute
- simple and easy to clean by simply shaking or swishing the filter to clean
- made in switzerland
- High-capacity, gravity-fed, hollow-fiber water filter system is ideal for group and family camping, outdoor adventures, and emergency preparedness
- Meets all EPA/NSF guidelines for removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa, including giardia, cryptosporidium, E. coli, salmonella, cholera
- No pumping required; reservoir fills easily and hangs from a tree to deliver four liters of filtered water for cooking and washing in 2.5 minutes
- Includes 4-liter dirty water reservoir, 4-liter clean water reservoir, hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack
- Replaceable cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons; produces flow rate of 1.75 liters/minute; kit weights 11.5 ounces; made in the USA
- Microfilter water filter pump for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, survival, and emergency preparedness
- Replaceable carbon and ceramic filter removes bacteria, protozoa, organic compounds, and particulate, delivering clean, taste and odor-free water
- Pumps at a rate of one liter per minute; compatible with a variety of wide mouth water bottles, and hydration bladders (sold separately)
- Meets NSF protocol P231 for removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%); one replaceable filter cartridge treats up to 2,000 liters of water
- Pump measures 7.5 x 2.75 inches and weighs 1 pound; storage bag included; manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty; made in the USA
Buying Best lightweight water filter for backpacking? Here’s What to Consider!
Now that you know the items currently sitting on top in the market, it’s time for the buying guide on the best lightweight water filter for backpacking. Here, we will talk about the things that you should look out for before pressing that “Buy Now” button. As everyone has different needs from the same product, it’s important to know which one fulfils the demands.
Before you even think of getting your hands on the best lightweight water filter for backpacking, an important thing to consider here is the material used in it. We all want to spend our money somewhere that we know for sure will last for a long time. For this, the material used is one of the most important factors in ensuring its longevity.
Additionally, the material used is directly linked to the damage it can withstand. A slip of hand is expected, and if you compromise on the material, then you are compromising its capability to survive.
This is an in-general rule to apply to anything and certainly is worth mentioning here. Having a warranty on the product that you will be buying is a big relief as if anything goes wrong, then the manufacturers will take care of it.
Warranties aren’t provided by companies that aren’t sure about their products themselves. Contrarily, companies that do provide are the ones that are confident about their product and are ready to bet on it. As a result, there’s no chance for you to be handed a faulty product and get away with it.
Which shoe would you pick if you had the choice between a shoe from the Retalie brand and a pair from the Nike line right now? Without a doubt, anyone would pick Nike over a brand that they haven’t heard of. It’s because they have managed to create a brand value of selling authentic products and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Similarly, this example goes for everything. Buying a product from a well-renowned brand is way better than buying from one that you haven’t heard of. There’s a reason why you have heard of them.
Mostly it’s because they have satisfied their customers with items and earned establishment. As a result, they are less likely to hand over something bad to you.
Price Vs Value
The price of a product can be anything but the value of it can only be one. A seller can ask anything for a lightweight water filter for backpacking, but the main question is whether it’s the product’s actual value or not. The bottom line here is to judge whether the price you are paying is worth it or not.
If your selected unit provides a special feature that none of the other manufacturers can provide and ask for a higher price, then it’s quite valid. You get to be the judge here, and decide if that extra five bucks is worth it for that special feature or not.
The only way you can judge your desired goods is by customer reviews. Reviews are a crucial factor that can change your decision instantly and let you know the cons that the companies try to hide. Thus, checking out the reviews on individual products can help you to identify which one is authentic and has hidden drawbacks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lastly, an article on best lightweight water filter for backpacking without a question-answer section is quite incomplete. Well, don’t worry about it, as we have gathered the most important frequently asked questions that are left unanswered. The questions mostly cover the fundamental ones, but it’s definitely worth a read as most of us miss out on the basics and are left clueless.
How to find the durability of lightweight water filter for backpacking?
Durability is dependent on the material used on it. Thus, you can do a simple google search on the product name and find the material that they have used.
Is buying the best lightweight water filter for backpacking worth it?
It’s entirely up to you to decide if you need it or not. If you think that it will make your life easier, then there’s no reason not to try them out. Nevertheless, make sure it has the features that you require otherwise, it’s a total waste.
Where can I find the warranty of lightweight water filter for backpacking?
Warranty is something every vendors and manufacturer are proud of. Thus, if they do provide a warranty, then you will be able to come across it easily on any website of the product.
That’s all you need to know about best lightweight water filter for backpacking. Even though searching for the right item can be daunting, it is always wise to research to ensure it fits your needs.
Even though I highly suggest sticking within your budget, opting for a slightly pricier one or a well-known brand can be beneficial. Nonetheless, I hope you found what you’re looking for. Till next time, stay safe!