No need to worry because we are here to help you find the best backup generators for home use After hours of research, we have put together a list of products that can be just what you need. We have also included a buying guide and answered some questions to clear any doubts you may have.
Best backup generators for home use: Top Picks in 2022?
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
- All-new control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface allowing you to change your fuel type in seconds! The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance
- This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology” that will automatically shut down the generator if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected
- Built using a powerful 500cc OHV DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS designed to make your generator last for years
- The fully loaded power panel includes four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet making it transfer switch ready!
- Save up to 8,000 dollars in product and installation costs (when compared to competitive output products)
- Takes up 70% less space (when compared to competitive output products)
- PWRview, Generac's home energy management system, allows generator owners to monitor and manage home energy usage, leading to a reduction in electric utility bills of up to 20%
- Using PWRview you could save enough to pay for your generator
- Up to whole house protection with the 200 Amp, NEMA 3R (aluminum outdoor enclosure) smart switch
- Smart, User-friendly controls; Generac evolution controller features a multilingual LCD display that allows you to Monitor Battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is always in top operating condition
- 240 volts supply
- Receive real time status updates
- Powers 16-circuits of your home with the 100-amp, NEMA 3R (indoor or outdoor rated) transfer switch with aluminum enclosure
- True Power Technology delivers best-in-class power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- Generac's G-Force Engine is a purpose-built, pressure-lubricated engine capable of handling the rigors of generator use, resulting in power that’s more reliable and requires less routine maintenance than any competitive engine.
- Mobile Link Wi-Fi allows users to monitor the status of the generator from anywhere in the world using a smartphone, tablet, or PC
- 5 year limited warranty
- Portable Backup Power Source: Designed for home or outdoor use with 1000 watts of backup power for emergency preparedness kits, power outages, home electronics, mobile devices, lighting, speakers, or any small electronics that make your life easier.
- Charge the Station: Charge the Power Station before storing or using with the included wall charger with a 10-11 hours charge time; car charger in the lighter port 19-21 hours; or with Duracell’s Solar Panel (sold separately) for 12-13 hours.
- How to Use and Store: The LCD screen will display the battery level and indicate which ports are ready to connect your devices to the DC, USB, and AC port options. Recharge every 3-6 months when storing; store in a cool and wellventilated environment away from water, heat, and flammable gases.
- Ports: Two USB-A output (5V), two USB-A fast charge port output (18W maximum), USB-C PD input/output (100W),USB-C PD output (27W maximum), 120 AC inverter output (Pure Sine Wave), 12V DC socket port output, two DC ports output (13V), and DC charging port input (12-30V).
- Dimensions: 13.38 by 9.29 by 8.11 inches; weighs 24.6 pounds. Operating temperature is 32 to 104 degrees F; storage temperature is 42 to 85 degrees F. Includes: 1000-watt Duracell Portable Power Station, wall charger, car charger, Quick Start Guide.
- Seamless 24/7 Power – No refueling, no manual operation, no extension cords needed and backed by our 10 year limited warranty
- Sub Zero Start – 24V starting system designed to operate down to -22º F
- Easy Access – Innovative gullwing enclosure for easy installation and service
- Quiet Power – Low tone muffler and sound dampening liner for residential operation
- ATS50 – 50 amp, 10 circuit, outdoor rated (NEMA 3R) automatic transfer switch
- Plenty of Power - This whole house quiet inverter generator with 10000 starting watts and 8000 running watts (gasoline), 459cc 100% copper windings engine can effectively extend the life of your generator
- Dual Fuel - The capability allows you to operate this portable generator on either gasoline or propane. The selector switch on the control panel allows for easy changes between fuels even while the generator is still running
- Super Quiet Technology - As low as 61 dBA noise with 25% loading at 23 feet distance, perfect for whole home power, camping, rv, jobsite use, storm or emergency power outage
- Remote Start & Automatic Transfer Switch Ready - Start the outdoor generator conveniently with the remote control. ATS outlet makes it easy to connect to a compatible Automatic Transfer Switch
- CO Sensor - This AIVOLT whole house generator equipped with CO alert technology which can help protect both you and your family by automatically turning off the generator if an unsafe carbon monoxide level is detected
- True power technology delivers best-in class power quality (less than 5% thd) for Smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- Includes a 200 amp NEMA 3 (indoor/ outdoor rated) whole house Smart transfer switch
- Generac evolution controller features LED indicators for generator status, utility power presence or maintenance required
- Tough, durable all-weather aluminum enclosure offers 3 removable sides for easy access for installation, service and maintenance
- Battery not included. Generac Battery 7043 5819 Sold Separately.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best backup generators for home use
Now, when you do research prior to buying the best backup generators for home use, there are certain things you need to consider. Because these considerations come into play by ensuring that you do not end up with the wrong choice.
Finding the perfect backup generators for home use is not rocket science and doesn’t require extensive research. Some important features which you should look out for are described below.
While there are numerous brands on the market, the truth is not all of them can give you the features you may need.
We’ve done the legwork of locating the most reputable brands around for you. By choosing from these, you’ll be much less likely than going to a store and grabbing something without considering the brand and everything behind it.
Durability is one of the primary features which are important for most products. They don’t often have long lifespans and require replacement every now then.
Before you buy any product from the store, make sure you know about the material well. Sometimes, many people buy the wrong product even after spending a lot of bucks. Why do they do that? Probably because they don’t know which material ensures ultimate durability.
You should always focus on the quality of a product before getting it. Make sure it’s sturdy and built to last. No matter whether it’s made of wood, metal, plastic, aluminum or steel.
Features of backup generators for home use
Before deciding on a specific product, be certain that it has all the necessary features you require.
If you’re unsure concerning something, don’t hesitate to ask the manufacturer. That way, you can make the right purchase that provides precise results.
Quality of the backup generators for home use
The quality of the product is an important factor. If you happen to get one with low-quality material, you will have a tough time trying to maneuver them.
Whatever you choose to buy, the quality should be first-rate. You don’t want to waste money on something that looks or feels cheap when what you desire is elegance, coziness, and style.
Cost shouldn’t be an issue if you’re willing to invest in a high-quality product. An inexpensive product often has great features, so you get great value for your money.
However, expensive products don’t necessarily mean to be of exceptional quality. We prefer to say you select something that fulfills your needs.
Ease of Use
People feel more comfortable using products that come with a straightforward process of use.
So, you should always look for the ones that come with an easy to use process. You can find different designs, so you should choose the one that comes with more convenient features.
It is always recommended to have a product with a warranty, however, it’s not compulsory. However, if the brand provides warranties for a certain timeframe, then certainly, it’s a favorable deal.
The product size is one of the most important aspects to consider before purchasing a backup generators for home use. You need to know what kind of product you want to buy to best fit your needs.
It is essential to buy a product that addresses your needs based on your product dimensions. Spending money on something you will likely need is a waste of money. You should choose a product that will meet your needs based on its power.
Many products with countless designs are available in the market. Some designs are redundant, and others aren’t as efficient. Make sure you know what you do and whether the tools you choose will help you do your job better.
No matter how passionate you are about your occupation or work, your safety must always be a top priority. Since you’ll be using backup generators for home use make sure it has all the features that ensure the safety of the users. You do not want to experience any kind of accident.
Don’t just pick any brand, no matter how excellent, inexpensive, or available it is. Ensure that safety measures have been considered.
Materials of the backup generators for home use
We advise not to buy products from brands that don’t specify the materials they use unless we’re sure the product is made with good quality materials. It’s important to be confident about a purchase before you make one, so when the materials used aren’t clearly specified, it makes us doubt the product’s quality.
It’s imperative to consider what material will work best for your requirements before you make an investment since you could find yourself wasting your money.
As you know by now, there are various types of backup generators for home use available in the market. You have to understand the pros and cons of individual types of products before picking the perfect one for your needs.
It is best to compare the advantages with each other before determining the perfect type.
Before you can utilize a product, often there are some fundamental guidelines that must be followed to get the most out of it. While some people may be able to just figure it out on their own, others may need an instruction manual.
Instruction manual is designed to provide you with information about how to use the product. The manual also goes over the safety precautions and explains how to recognize potential hazards. So, you should buy the product that comes with an instruction manual.
When you are planning to buy a backup generators for home use, you will definitely think of its performance because nobody wants to waste his money buying a wrong product. So, check ins and outs of the backup generators for home use from user’s review, forums and expert people before you pick a specific model.
It can be frustrating when you buy something and then it turns out three days later that it is not what you need. With a little thought and effort, it is possible to avoid this by purchasing a versatile product that has multiple uses. You can use one product for many purposes. This can save time on products that may not get used up quickly.
You can also use the product in different ways, depending on the need at the time. In this way, you can also save money as you’ll just need to purchase the perfect one.
When you are planning to buy a backup generators for home use, you will definitely think of the accessories availability in the market. Because anytime soon, it may cause damages due to unwanted accidents at any stage of its usages.
Some products also come in bundles, where they have a combo package of the necessary items that you may need with it.
Yup, color does matter! When you are planning to buy a backup generators for home use from dozens of models, you will definitely wish to get your desired color. As, color is the symbol of choice, aristocracy and represents your personal taste.
We have reviewed some of the best backup generators for home use considering this option of course.
A backup generators for home use is highly compact in order to have a high usage capacity. Compactness also ensures good portability and easy handling of a unit. Because if backup generators for home use doesn’t comes handy, you may face it tough to manage while using it.
After reading our buying guide, you will get the answers for the following questions:
- How much does the best backup generators for home use costs?
- What are the benefits of a backup generators for home use?
- Where to buy the best backup generators for home use?
- What is the best brands of backup generators for home use?
- How long does a backup generators for home use last?
- Does backup generators for home use comes with a manufacturer warranty?
- Are backup generators for home use worth it?
Selecting the best item from a group of choices is a difficult job. We hope that our effort in finding the best backup generators for home use has contributed something to you.
To help you make the right choice, we have included reviews of our top choices, a thoroughly researched buying guide, and a simple comparison.